When we think of romance, red roses almost always come to mind. The official floral ambassador of love and devotion is the classic expression of true commitment and will be in high demand during the month of August. Why? Because this month is National Romance Month, a wonderful opportunity to express your feelings toward your sweetheart. Situated between Valentine’s Day and the holiday season, this observance reminds us that romance should be celebrated year-round and never neglected, even during the dog days of summer.
To give you a hand, the floral experts at Curran’s Flowers are here with a collection of romantic bouquets and arrangements that are sure to set off some sparks and a few fun facts to set a fun, flirty, and romantic tone to Romance Month.
Where Love Lives: Romance creates inspiration throughout our culture, even down to where we choose to live. Therefore, we have towns such as Love Valley, North Carolina, and Romeo, Michigan – or perhaps you and your sweetheart would like to plan a romantic getaway this August to Valentine, Texas!
Would You Like To Grab a Cup of Coffee? Those seemingly innocent words have been the beginning of many beautiful and successful love stories. In fact, it is estimated that approximately 10,000 marriages per year can be directly attributed to first having a cup of coffee together.
Sweet Devotion: You’ve heard the rumors, but it is true. Chocolate actually stimulates the brain to react in a way that is similar to the euphoria of falling in love. Therefore, there is no better accompaniment to flowers during National Romance Month than a delicious box of chocolates.
The Five Most Romantic Flowers: Since Romance Month is in the heat of the summer, it is important to not only select a stunning floral arrangement that symbolizes love and romance but one that includes marvelous summertime blooms.
- Roses are always a flawless choice to celebrate love and romance as they are a great and timeless symbol of passion, desire, fascination, and love.
- Orchids are an elegant, delicate, and luxurious addition to any arrangement but can also be admired all on their own in a pot. These flowers are ideal for expressing feelings of love, romance, refinement, and luxury.
- Lilies offer rich symbolism that is perfect for celebrating Romance Month, especially red lilies. These blooms are connected to passion, longing, love, and romance and are truly brilliant, showstopping, and remarkable.
- Daisies are sweet flowers with connections to new beginnings and true love, making them a wonderful addition to romantic bouquets and arrangements. Whether you are in the early stages of a new relationship or have been married to your love for years, these summer blooms are perfect.
- Sunflowers can be just as romantic as they are joyous, happy, and peaceful. These big yellow blooms represent loyalty, adoration, and love, which means that it can be awfully romantic to send sunflowers to your partner for Romance Month.
The team at Curran’s Flowers helps people share the love year-round, and we look forward to delivering the romance to your special someone, whether in Danvers or across the country.