Life is full of many occasions, some happy and some sad. When the time comes to say goodbye to a family member or close friend, there are very deep emotions tied to the very personal choice about how to best commemorate their life. Often the relationship to the decedent and the type of life that they lived can help to make the decision regarding funeral flowers easier. The professionals at Curran’s Flowers are here to assist you in this difficult time, to show your respects in a special and poignant way.
Reflecting your loved one’s personality in the flowers you choose is a beautiful and honoring tradition. Here are just a few ideas you may wish to consider:
- A strong-willed, vibrant person’s life memories should be honored with bold, bright flowers that celebrate their attitude – the bright blue of delphinium, the vivid orange of gerbera daisies, or deep pink roses are all appropriate at services that remember a strong personality.
- A veteran may be best honored with a patriotic tribute.
- A loving and caring matriarch may have had a passion for her garden; cultivating her favorite flowers in soft color. You can design her funeral flowers to reflect her favorites, such as using hydrangea, roses or lilies to create the arrangements.
- An avid outdoorsman may be remembered best with very organic designs, incorporating woody stems and branches, grasses and natural elements.
- Honor your sports fanatic with his beloved team’s memorabilia incorporated into his designs, or her favorite golf clubs used creatively in a floral design that remembers her passion.
- These days, memorial services which include memorial urns are popular, and require special attention to how flowers are displayed incorporating the urn.
- You may also consider memorial plaque stands that can be left at the cemetery or in the yard as a garden stone, for a lasting remembrance.
- If you missed the services, or wish to send something a bit more personal, sometimes the best choice is an arrangement for the family to take home. A collection of living plants will allow several family members to care for them in the memory of their loved one.
While this is a difficult and emotional time, the professionals at Curran’s Flowers will provide the caring assistance and support you need. We will deliver to all Danvers and Boston area funeral homes, and take care of the arrangements and delivery for you.