Receiving roses is always exciting and full of sentiment. Whenever you look at the beautiful arrangement, you remember the occasion as well as the special someone who was thinking of you. Currans Flowers encourages you to capture that feeling by maintaining your beautiful arrangement as long as possible.
When someone sends you something as beautiful and heartfelt as our Perfect 10 Rose Bouquet, you want the joy and surprise you felt to endure! By following these simple steps, you can have roses that last weeks instead of days.
- First, be sure to trim stems underwater to allow porous openings to absorb as much water as possible.
- While trimming, remove leaves and any other foliage that will fall below the water line to keep bacteria away.
- Include a preservative that will sustain your blooms longer than with water alone. Usually a bouquet arrives with a powder to mix with water.
- Change water whenever it begins to cloud. This means bacteria is growing, which will cause blooms to wilt.
- If wilting occurs, submerge the entire flower (stem included) in a pan of warm water for about 20 minutes to one hour. Replace in arrangement when fully revived.
These tips from Currans Flowers will help your blooms stay magnificent and allow you to enjoy their enduring beauty for a maximum length of time.